Functional Electrical Stimulation
Every year, there are more than 100,000 people in the UK who suffer a stroke and are left with ongoing conditions that affect the way they live their lives. Many of the 1.2million survivors in the UK are left with a condition known as ‘Drop Foot’ which is caused by a weakness in their lower limb resulting in them losing the ability to lift their foot when walking.
Other conditions including Multiple Sclerosis, Charcot Marie Tooth and spinal injury can also cause drop foot. Dorset Orthopaedic offers a wide range of solutions for drop foot including functional electrical stimulation in the form of the Bioness L300 Go stimulator.
The L300 Go lifts your foot as you walk, improving your gait pattern and making your walking smoother and safer. This innovative system can also help to promote muscle rehabilitation.
Benefits at a glance
- Stimulator cuff can be worn discreetly under clothing
- Promotes muscle rehabilitation, mobility in the joint and circulation
- The cuff secures the stimulator and the electrodes
- The L300 continuously adapts to changes in gait patterns and reliable emits a stimulation pulse at the right time to lift the foot
- It supports knee flexion/extension which helps to improve gait
- All controlled by a single electrode
For more information or to make an appointment, click here.