Dorset Orthopaedic are delighted to be able to offer the Taska Hand as part of it upper limb prosthetic provision.
The Taska Hand was created to do one thing; to be the most useful it can be for those who wear it. It enables patients to do more of the little things we all take for granted like peeling potatoes , clicking a computer mouse , doing the laundry and washing the car to name but a few. Its advanced, robust and waterproof features provides new possibilities and exciting opportunities for upper limb amputees.
- Water-resistant technology
- High level of impact protection.
- Flexible palm, independent finger speed and high rotating thumb speed
- Pick up more objects with precision
- Lateral finger movements and strong lateral thumb grip take confident gripping even further
- Integrated wrist with rotation and flexion, for a more natural arm length and movement.
- Flexible Control System with access buttons and LED indicators on the top of the hand.
- A vibration tested design with cushioning into the thumb and the wrist, allowing comfortable use of a drill, lawnmower and other tools.
- Light to “Heavy” duty use in one robust hand.
- TASKA™ has 23 different grips allowing for a wide variety of activities but is designed to do most daily tasks with just 3.