New Generation C-Brace Assessment Day
24th April 2019
Worlds only stance and swing phase control KAFO, which allows patients to walk with an entirely free knee up and down stairs and slopes.
We would like to invite patients, who may be suitable for the C-Brace, for a free of charge assessment with our Orthotist, Kim Pickering, at our Ringwood, Hampshire Clinic. We also have a test system available on the day for patients to trial.
Consultations will start at 8:30 and will last for 90 min each.
- Patients who are not able to control the knee and foot with weight on it.
- Suitable conditions, polio, traumatic paralysis, incomplete paraplegia (lesion between L1 and L5) with minor or no spasticity.
- Patient must be able to control their trunk and stand freely
- Muscle strength in hip extensors and flexors to allow controlled swing through walking of the affected leg.
- Cannot have hip flexion contracture or genu valgus or varus of 10 degrees or more.
- Body weight of less than 125kg
- If you are unsure about suitability please request a call with Kim to discuss your client.
To secure a place give Sue Hughes a call on 01425 481754 or email firstname.lastname@example.org