23rd Feb 2016 saw Dorset Orthopaedic host a fantastic conference on the advances in rehabilitation at Billesley Manor Hotel, Stratford Upon Avon.
Tuesday's evening meal was a great opportunity for all delegates and attendees to meet and we were entertained and motivated by the inspirational double amputee Ben McBean after the meal.
Wednesday's programme included presentations on:
- Benefits of amputee specific residential Rehabilitation, Beth Langley, physio at the perform centre St George's Park.
- A Headley Court perspective on the effects and benefits of residential rehabilitation, Kate Sherman, lead physio at Headley Court
- Actigait, the implantable FES solution for drop foot, Dr Salim Ghoussayni
- C Brace, a revolutionary orthotic advancement for spinal injury patients, Daniel Gelbart
- Osseintegration, changing the outcomes for patients unable to wear conventional prosthetic sockets, Matthew Hughes
- Infinite socket, LiM Innovations, Andrew Pedtke
- TMR, targeted muscle reinnervation the next step in upper limb prosthetic control, Ken Hurst and Moose Baxter.
Exhibitors included: Dorset Orthopaedic, Ottobock, Blatchfords, RSL Steeper, Perform (part of Spire Healthcare). We also had the fantastic Genny mobility with their Segway wheelchair giving demos during the breaks and lunch in the beautiful grounds.
We'd like to thank all delegates, speakers and exhibitors for making the day such a success and a final thanks to our amazing patients on the day, Ben McBean, Caroline Rutley-Frayne, Clive Smith and Christin Kosma
We look forward to welcoming you all to our future events.
If anyone would like further information on any of the topics above or to to register your interest please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org