SAFO/Silicone Technician (Ringwood)
Dorset Orthopaedic, a leading independent clinical provider of prosthetic and orthotic services, are looking to recruit a SAFO (Silicone Ankle Foot Orthosis) Technician to work alongside a specific training program, within a dynamic and highly skilled team.
The role entails producing custom-made medical grade silicone orthotic products to specific manufacturing requirements and DOC standards with great importance given to finish and accuracy.
No previous experience of medical orthotics is necessary as training will be issued throughout although a strong sculptural and artistic ability is paramount.
The Dorset Orthopaedic Training Programme provides a structure for career and salary progression (dependant on quality of work, attitude, production rate and awareness of responsibility and communication skills).
The role is offered at 40 hours per week over 4 days.
Monday to Thursday 7.30am - 6.00pm
Applicants should have:-
- An aptitude for specific detail, technical ability and strong sculpting techniques.
- To possess and demonstrate great hand to eye co-ordination skills.
- The ability to plan and prioritise work, keeping to tight and demanding production deadlines, whilst remaining calm and focused on the job in hand.
- To work effectively and function well within a team environment but possess the skillset to work independently to achieve the desired outcome.
- To be able to interact and communicate effectively with colleagues and clients in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Competitive salary increasing with skills and experience.
- Private Health Insurance (after successful completion of probationary period).
- Company Pension.
Starting salary £17,167.00 following the Dorset Orthopaedic training program and to the businesses requirements.
For further information, please see the job description.
Please apply by Friday 26th October 2018 sending your application, artistic portfolio (if existing) and CV to Peter King at firstname.lastname@example.org and for further information about Dorset Orthopaedic please visit www.dorset-ortho.com.