The SAFO ™ , or Silicone-Ankle-Foot Orthosis, is an Award winning orthotic that provides a long-term solution to drop-foot. The SAFO ™ works by supporting the front of your leg down to the top of your foot. This helps you lift your foot while your leg swings during walking.
An attractive and comfortable alternative to rigid traditional AFOs (Ankle Foot Orthoses), the SAFO ™ improves your balance, corrects your walking, stops you tripping and gives you a newfound sense of confidence and freedom.
The SAFO ™ is available for adults and children alike. Once we have discussed your needs and expectations during an initial consultation, we will take a plaster-cast mould. Next, we will use the measurements from this to create your bespoke SAFO ™ . This will ensure your SAFO ™ is as comfortable and functional as possible.
The SAFO ™ isn’t just more comfortable and functional than traditional rigid solutions. It can also be tailored to replicate your skin tone or your favourite colour.
Swim in your SAFO™! Water sleeves are available to keep your SAFO™ secure whilst swimming.
Benefits of the SAFO ™ :
- Allows ‘normal’ foot/ankle action
- Improved sensory feedback
- Improved balance
- Can be worn comfortably against the skin
- Can be worn with or without a shoe
- Easy to fit, clean and maintain
- Can be worn for showering/swimming
- Reduced risk of pressure sores
The SAFO ™ is available in a number of product variants: -
- SAFO One: Choice of seven skin tones
- SAFO Walk: Choice of three skin tones with easy-to-use Velcro straps
- SAFO Go: Children’s version
Read pdf for more details
to download the latest SAFO ™ brochure click here.
To find out more, please email us by clicking here or call +44 (0) 1425 481740.