The E-MAG Active is an electronic stance control KAFO (knee-ankle-foot orthosis) that actually calibrates itself to understand how you walk, then adjusts itself to meet your needs. Manufactured by world-leader Otto Bock, this low-profile, easy to fit KAFO offers another high-tech option for individuals that need bracing support they can rely on.
- Stance Control helps you achieve a more natural gait, thereby reducing compensatory movements that can lead to degenerative conditions
- Gyroscope monitors the orientation of your limb (whether it is at heel off, heel strike, etc.)
- Simple calibration allows the orthosis to customize the locking/unlocking feature during the fitting process
- Manual locking/unlocking function makes it easy for you to operate
- Allows your clinician to fit whichever ankle joint is preferred onto the KAFO
- Does not require minimum ankle range of motion to achieve stance control function
- Accommodates up to 15° knee flexion contracture in conjunction with dorsal stop at ankle
Easy for practitioners to calibrate, even easier for patients to use, the integrated, low-profile joint of the E-MAG Active KAFO provides the best in electronic stance control to help you live a more active lifestyle. The stance control function will remain locked during weight bearing, then unlocks for swing phase. It simplifies gait training and allows for varied cadence to help meet your specific needs. Calibrating the E-MAG Active is simple, and it is just as simple to recalibrate if your needs should change over time.
With no linkage or sensors below the knee, the E-MAG Active is the perfect solution for those individuals who have limited ankle function or who would normally wear a locked KAFO—and it even accommodates a joint contracture of up to 15°.
To find out more, please email us by clicking here or call +44 (0) 1425 481740.